Violet Beaureguard and the Umpah Lumpahs


Nothing is more refreshing, than to know, your airline just came out of bankruptcy and has decided to purchase new uniforms. Yipee! In my airlines case, not only a new uniform but a whole new airline!! (More on that another day) My colleagues and I had our benefits and pay slashed by 40%, a whopping amount for a $20,000/ year starting salary. No joke! Our unions begged and pleaded with the court declaring the airline was "overreaching". All on deaf ears and to no avail. Well, six months after emergence from bankruptcy and my airline now has the millions necessary to revamp and reclothe the entire cast and crew! I can't afford to pay for lunch but I will be smartly dressed in crisp new rags.......


It's time, they say: after 15 years in our dapper, blue herringbone, polyester blend. Hey, why don't you just keep us in this uniform another 15 years and give us some of our money back? Guess no one is listening.


I don't know who Miranda Moss is. As a matter of fact, I have never even heard of her. I guess I am not the fashionista, one may expect. This "fashionable and comfortable" new line is scheduled to roll out in the Fall of 2008 and was designed by Ms. Moss. Now I have nothing against Miranda Moss, but I swear ,she must of been watching "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" when she sketched these designs! Golly, the periwinkle blue and grey (Delta tried this combination just a short time ago and changed again! Hint) reminds me of Violet Beaureguard when she ate the candy and turned into a BIG, FLOATING BLUEBERRY with all the Umpah Lumpahs. Take a peek. See what you think. And close your eyes and imagine......walking down the concourse and you see hundreds of periwinkle blue sweaters rushing past, a mad rush of swarming blueberries! Please be kind and don't shout out "There go the Umpah Lumpahs!" Remember, our pay cuts are paying for these.

No comments: